About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science, and deep learning algorithms to monitor fields effectively. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high-precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Overseeing millions of acres of farmland in North America, South America, Europe, CIS, and Oceania, Taranis targets high-volume commodity crops which account for 70% of the global crop market and give farmers the tools to address issues in real-time, increasing yields and cutting costs.
Founded in 2015, Taranis raised over $100M from leading VC investors and is led by a founding team with deep experience in agriculture and technology.
We are searching for a highly motivated, self-driven, curious and hard working AI Developer to join our AI team!
Join us to shape the future of Ag-Tech, develop cutting edge solutions for real world problems to eventually help farmers grow and maximize their business.
- End-to-end responsibility for the entire development cycle. From problem understanding through data analysis, research alternatives, designing, implementing and evaluating a solution; to integration with the production environment as well as subsequent maintenance and support.
- Work closely with AI team members, agronomists, product and R&D during problem and solution definition.
- Clearly communicate about the ongoing progress of current projects, as well as expected deliveries of milestones.
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- 2-5 years hands-on experience in algorithms - specifically in the vision domain using Deep Neural Networks or classic Computer Vision methods.
- At least 2 years hands-on experience in Python or equivalent programming language.
- Experience with cloud computing environments (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, Azure) - an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exact Science or Engineering
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Love what they do and passionate about making an impact
- Able to adapt quickly in an intensive, fast-paced environment
- Own strong attention to details and sense of accountability
- Quick learners, organized and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives
- Master multitasking, own high work ethic and prioritize workload
- Have great communication skills