General Manager - Brazil
About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform, offering an enterprise solution with precision aerial surveillance imagery and artificial intelligence to support crop advisors and growers. This solution helps prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Taranis has raised over $60M from leading VC investors and is being led by a professional team with deep experience in both agriculture and technology.
We are hiring a General Manager (GM) for our Brazilian subsidiary to join us leading the next phase of our company’s rapid growth. This role will own full responsibility for our client lifecycle including customer acquisition, retention, and growth. Our ideal candidate will own and drive commercial decisions and overall go-to-market strategy across the company.
The GM will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and will also serve on the Executive Leadership Team, which is led by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Manage the sales team to deliver profitable growth while creating a culture of success, ongoing business, and goal achievement
- Define and execute a revenue strategy utilizing data analytics and programs that ensure predictable, repeatable, and scalable sales results while maximizing revenue potential from existing and prospective customers
- Drive alignment and cross-functional collaboration across Sales, Flight-Operations, and Customer Success teams to optimize our customer acquisition cost and long-term value equations
- Prepare and execute the strategic and operational plans, in all areas of the company, aligned with the company’s vision, ensuring their development, growth, and continuity.
- Define the specific policies and objectives of each area, coordinating the execution of the respective action plans, facilitating and integrating the work of the teams, aiming to optimize efforts to achieve the company's objectives;
- Maintain direct contact with the partners and clients to identify opportunities to expand or improve the products / services provided or to solve any contractual or operational problems, aiming to keep customer satisfaction and projecting a positive image of the company in the Brazilian market;
- Promote and support people development actions in order to retain good professionals working for the company;
- Structure and manage successful relationships with key accounts, alliance and channel partners within the Agriculture ecosystem
- Serve and represent Brazil on the Executive Leadership Team.
- Oversee Legal, Administrative, and Finance Reporting to global function
- 5+ years of experience in Ag-business managerial positions
- Extensive experience leading commercial and sales teams as well as building, managing and mentoring cross-functional teams
- Scaled the sales organization while implementing company procedures in all related aspects
- Familiarity with high growth business models and related SaaS KPIs
- Adapt at transitioning seamlessly from a strategic level vision to day-to-day tactical operations required
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Complete higher education in engineering, economics or business administration
- Fluent in English, Portuguese, and Spanish