Chief Marketing Officer
About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform, offering a cloud-based solution that utilizes Satellites, Drones, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to support crop advisors and growers. Our solution helps prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Taranis has raised over $60M from leading VC investors and is being led by a professional team with deep experience in agriculture, drones, and AI.
Taranis is hiring a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to join us leading the next phase of our company’s rapid growth. This role will be building the global marketing strategy, drive lead generation programs, refine our product-market-fit, and develop Taranis’ distinct identity while ensuring unified company messaging. The CMO will craft a scalable marketing vision and strategy which ensure a consistent messaging and customer experience, driving results across our funnel in line with sales targets.
- Build & support the global marketing strategy for Taranis.
- Impact the product roadmap and Taranis’ market segmentation/product-market-fit
- Build targeted campaigns & materials per customer segment and throughout the customer lifecycle; including optimized content, compelling storytelling & customer education
- Lead our product positioning strategy using competitive information and market and product analysis
- Develop product marketing & enablement materials and processes to train relevant sales & customer success teams & customers
- Grow Taranis business globally through strategic marketing initiatives including partnerships, affiliates, performance marketing campaigns
- Monitor product and business performance, make sure that our goals are aligned with our customer’s needs by maintaining and improving product’s KPIs
- Manage Taranis website - content, case studies, success stories, testimonials, etc
- Build targeted campaigns to drive demand creation and qualified lead generation for each customer segment and geography - webinars, news, blogs, etc.
- Vet, negotiate and manage relationships with various 3rd party Marketing partners (Content Strategy, PR agencies, SEO, SEM and other relevant sources)
- 5+ years of marketing and/or product management experience in global B2B SaaS companies or agricultural companies.
- Experience managing & scaling teams across different functional groups & geographic locations in rapid execution
- Deep understanding of sales and product pipeline and the role of marketing at each stage of the opportunity funnel and the client expansion path
- Expert in extracting insights from non-technological customers and translating them to our product team
- Having designed, developed, and driven overall marketing strategy (including forecasting & KPIs like MQLs, contribution to the pipeline, and ROI), own expertise in the people, processes, and tools needed to build a predictable revenue organization.
- Adequate knowledge of online and digital marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both internal and external. A team player and also independent self-starter
- Experience in engaging cross-functional and multi-cultural teams
- Experience working in the agriculture industry is strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Love what they do and are passionate about making an impact
- Able to adapt quickly in an intensive, fast-paced environment
- Own strong attention to details and sense of accountability
- Quick learners, organized and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives
- Master multitasking, Hands-on, own high work ethic and prioritize workload
- Excellent analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment
- Have great communication skills