Flight Operations Manager
About The Position
Taranis is a global leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science and deep learning algorithms to effectively monitor fields. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Overseeing millions of acres of farmland in the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, and Australia, Taranis targets high volume commodity crops which account for 70% of the global crop market and gives farmers the tools to address issues in real-time increasing yields and cutting costs.
In 2015, Taranis raised over $30M from leading VC investors and is being led by a founding team with deep experience in both agriculture and technology.
We use drones for aerial scouting in different locations, mostly in the Midwest area.
Our customers order flights using our platform and we make sure to have their fields flown and insights delivered within SLA.
Our ideal candidate will be the one who embraces the challenges, not afraid of difficulties and has the ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution -- we need to do things quickly.
- Flight operations - make sure every acre ordered by our customers is flown on time and images are uploaded for annotation and insights processing.
- Equipment - make sure drones, pods and all related accessories are available at all times in the different locations where we operate in the season. During off-season - plan equipment requirements, procurement, maintenance and inventory management using ERP system.
- Drone operators - recruit, train and manage. We prefer contracting companies providing drone operators services, but we also keep some direct hiring.
- Logistics - local and international deliveries and logistics
- Procurement - Manage relationship with suppliers - negotiations, contracts, locating new suppliers based on changing requirements
- Follow KPIs for availability, costs and quality
- Reporting - daily status and follow up on all operations activities
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders and team members - both locally and internationally, to ensure that all operational requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track.
- Oversee operations budget, reporting and planning
- Problem solving - Proactively identify and address problems and business opportunities
- Living in IN (or willing to relocate)
- Deep knowledge and experience in drones operations
- 3+ years of experience leading complex field operations
- Top executer, problem solver with a “can do” attitude; highly organized and passionate about operations
- Proven experience in managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
- Information systems oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Advantages - Familiarity with aeronautics, drones, photography, agriculture
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Love what they do and passionate about making an impact
- Able to adapt quickly in an intensive, fast-paced environment
- Own strong attention to details and sense of accountability
- Quick learners, organized and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives
- Master multitasking, Hands-on, own high work ethic and prioritize workload
- Excellent analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment
- Have great communication skills