Director of Operations
About The Position
Taranis is led by a vision to bring precision and control to the agriculture industry worldwide, helping growers maximize and stabilize yield from their crops.
We leverage planes and drones to collect high-resolution imagery of crops from the fields, leverage cloud and on-the-edge software and our unique AI assets to convert imagery to insights which growers can make decisions with.
Taranis is the only player in the market that can bring visual proofs to emerging threats for the crops before these harmed the yield.
With accurate and actionable data, farmers increase their yield, spend less on herbicide and fungicide, and provide healthier outcomes.
We are looking for a super energetic leader to deliver operational excellence and relentlessly focus on meeting our SLA to customers and margin.
- Ensure sufficient capability and readiness in terms of flight plans, drone operators, equipment, and airspace access is in place to meet mission requirements.
- Meet with internal stakeholders, end-users, customers and aviation regulatory agencies.
- Certification and validation plans, flight test plans, safety assessments/hazard analysis, issue papers, flight test operations manuals, and other related documentation generated in support of testing & evaluation activities.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed, manage workflows and develop programs to scale the team’s technical skills
- Hire, train and manage drone operators
- Logistics - manage local and international equipment deliveries
- Procurement - Vet relevant suppliers, build and maintain relationships with suppliers, negotiations, contracts, incentive plans, locating new suppliers based on changing requirements
- Ongoing evaluation of existing contracts while striving to minimum costs and services optimization
- Preparing operational reports on a daily basis
- Proactively identify and address operational issues
- Top executer, highly capable of performing under pressure, problem solver with a “can do” attitude; highly organized and passionate about flight operations
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Drones industry (including flying drones)
- 5+ years of direct service, operations, or customer support management
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Mechanical experience with high technical skills
- Agriculture machinery /aeronautics / photography background preferred
- Exceptional communication, writing, and teamwork skills
- Solid computer skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment and demonstrate the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Love what they do and passionate about making an impact
- Able to adapt quickly in an intensive, fast-paced environment
- Own strong attention to details and sense of accountability
- Quick learners, organized and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives
- Master multitasking, Hands-on, own high work ethic and prioritize workload
- Excellent analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment
- Have great communication skills