About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science, and deep learning algorithms to monitor fields effectively. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high-precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Overseeing millions of acres of farmland in North America, South America, Europe, CIS, and Oceania, Taranis targets high-volume commodity crops which account for 70% of the global crop market and give farmers the tools to address issues in real-time, increasing yields and cutting costs.
Founded in 2015, Taranis raised over $100M from leading VC investors and is led by a founding team with deep experience in agriculture and technology.
Taranis is looking for a backend developer to join our Applications Team based in Tel Aviv, Israel. This is a unique opportunity to join a successful, dynamic team of professionals and work with cutting-edge technologies.
The applications team is in charge of providing our customers with access to Taranis AI-based insights and analysis of their agriculture data. We serve our users through the web, mobile, and API backed by a microservice framework for a backend.
- As a senior developer, you will take a central role in building Taranis’s products.
- You will choose and use cutting-edge technologies and methodologies and will have a real impact on the company
- You will be involved in every part of our core products’ lifecycle -- from defining features together with PM, choosing the right tech stack and architecture to implementing infrastructure, features, and dev processes.
- Continue to optimize the performance of our UI applications used by hundreds of farmers and growers worldwide
- 3-5 years of experience as a Backend developer
- Advanced Python coding skills
- Experience with cloud vendors such as GCP, Amazon, etc - preferably with container-based deployments
- Experience working on and operating a service, with modern operative concepts (CI/CD, On-call, etc.)
- Experience with a relational database such as Postgres- Advantage
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who are:
- Independent, versatile, team player, and enthusiastic to take on new problems and enhance software solutions
- Looking to make a significant impact on the company and its’ journey
- Developing high-quality, clean code with attention to detail