Full Stack Developer
About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science, and deep learning algorithms to monitor fields effectively. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high-precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Overseeing millions of acres of farmland in North America, South America, Europe, CIS, and Oceania, Taranis targets high-volume commodity crops which account for 70% of the global crop market and give farmers the tools to address issues in real-time, increasing yields and cutting costs.
Founded in 2015, Taranis raised over $100M from leading VC investors and is led by a founding team with deep experience in agriculture and technology.
About the role
We are looking for a Full Stack developer to join our Applications Team. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing, yet successful team, driven to continue building a great product, using cutting-edge technologies. Our stack includes a microservice architecture, using Kubernetes and Google cloud. Our team also works with Django as the backend framework and React.js/React native for the frontend.
The applications team is in charge of providing our customers with access to Taranis’s AI-based insights and analysis of their agriculture data. Our customers use our web, mobile, and API solutions in order to optimize and scale their businesses.
- As a software developer in the applications team, you will take a central role in building Taranis’s customer facing products.
- You will use cutting-edge technologies and methodologies and have an impact on the way we move forward with them.
- You will be involved in every part of our core products lifecycle - from defining features together with PM, choosing the right tech stack and architecture to implementing infrastructure, features, and dev processes.
- Continue to optimize the performance of our UI applications used by hundreds of farmers and growers worldwide.
- At least 3 years of experience as a full stack developer
- Experienced in React.js / React Native
- Some experience with Python development.
- Experience with development and maintenance of complex front-end applications.
- Experience building end-to-end solutions, that involves microservices, databases, API’s etc.
- Experience working on and operating a service, with modern operative concepts (CI/CD, On-call, etc.)
- Experience with cloud vendors such as GCP, Amazon, etc - preferably with container-based deployments (advantage)
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who are:
- Independent, versatile, team player, and enthusiastic to take on new problems and enhance software solutions
- Looking to make a significant impact on the company and its journey
- Developing high-quality, clean code with attention to detail