Regional Sales Manager - IA / MN / MO
About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science and deep learning algorithms to effectively monitor fields. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Overseeing millions of acres of farmland in the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine and Australia, Taranis targets high volume commodity crops which account for 70% of the global crop market and gives farmers the tools to address issues in real-time, increasing yields and cutting costs.
Founded in 2015, Taranis raised over $60M from leading VC investors and is being led by a founding team with deep experience in both agriculture and technology.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-driven, Regional Sales Manager with a passion for Precision Ag to take part in our full-scale sales and operational plan to create a growth-oriented business model within the region.
- Perform field sales with the customers in the associated area
- Clearly set expectations with clients pre-season and follow up during the season
- Manage, develop, and foster relationships with retailers, coops and independent crop consultants within the region
- Working closely and collaborate with the regional CS and FlightOps teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to present a strategy to key stakeholders within an organization
- Deliver webinars and training to clients about the Taranis Platform
- Developing a yearly, quarterly, and weekly workable sales plan for the region
- Handling problems and issues that may arise efficiently and quickly
- Identify business opportunities with both new and existing customers; exceed sales targets through a consultative sales process
- 5+ years of experience in agricultural input sales with proven track record
- Network and rolodex within ag-retail channels
- Strong Agronomy skills in the Corn and Soybean market
- Proven network and connections in the AgTech industry
- Excellent understanding of sales goals and budgets
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Willingness to travel frequently
- 2 years of experience in Precision Agricultural input sales - Advantage!
- In-depth knowledge and prior experience with Precision Ag or Imagery - Advantage!
To maintain and cultivate our unique DNA in Taranis, we look for people who
- Love what they do and passionate about making an impact
- Able to adapt quickly in an intensive, fast-paced environment
- Own strong attention to details and sense of accountability
- Quick learners, organized and personally dedicated to accomplishing objectives
- Master multitasking, Hands-on, own high work ethic and prioritize workload
- Excellent analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment
- Have great communication skills