Regional Sales Manager - Iowa
About The Position
Taranis is led by a vision to bring precision and control to the agriculture industry worldwide, helping growers maximize and stabilize yield from their crops.
We leverage planes and drones to collect high-resolution imagery of crops from the fields, leverage cloud and on-the-edge software and our unique AI assets to convert imagery to insights which growers can make decisions with.
Taranis is the only player in the market that can bring visual proofs to emerging threats for the crops before these harmed the yield.
With accurate and actionable data, farmers increase their yield, spend less on herbicide and fungicide, and provide healthier outcomes.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-driven, National Sales Manager with a passion for Precision Ag to join our team!
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-driven, Regional Sales Manager with a passion for Precision Ag to take part in our full-scale sales and operational plan to create a growth-oriented business model within the region.
- Perform field sales with the customers in the associated area
- Clearly set expectations with clients pre-season and follow up during the season
- Manage, develop, and foster relationships with retailers, coops and independent crop consultants within the region
- Working closely and collaborate with the regional CS and FlightOps teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to present a strategy to key stakeholders within an organization
- Deliver webinars and training to clients about the Taranis Platform
- Developing a yearly, quarterly, and weekly workable sales plan for the region
- Handling problems and issues that may arise efficiently and quickly
- Identify business opportunities with both new and existing customers; exceed sales targets through a consultative sales process
- 5+ years of experience in agricultural input sales with proven track record
- Network and rolodex within ag-retail channels
- Strong Agronomy skills in the Corn and Soybean market
- Proven network and connections in the AgTech industry
- Excellent understanding of sales goals and budgets
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Willingness to travel frequently
- 2 years of experience in Precision Agricultural input sales - Advantage!
- In-depth knowledge and prior experience with Precision Ag or Imagery - Advantage!