Regional Sales Manager - Memphis, TN
About The Position
Taranis is a leading precision agriculture intelligence platform that uses sophisticated computer vision, data science, and deep learning algorithms to effectively monitor fields. Taranis offers a full-stack solution for high-precision aerial surveillance imagery to prevent crop yield loss due to insects, crop disease, weeds, and nutrient deficiencies.
Overseeing millions of acres of farmland in the United States, Argentina, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine, and Australia, Taranis targets high-volume commodity crops which account for 70% of the global crop market and gives farmers the tools to address issues in real-time, increasing yields and cutting costs.
Founded in 2015, Taranis raised over $60M from leading VC investors and is being led by a founding team with deep experience in both agriculture and technology.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, self-driven, Regional Sales Manager with a passion for Precision Ag to take part in our full-scale sales and operational plan to create a growth-oriented business model within the region.
- Perform field sales with the customers in the associated area
- Clearly set expectations with clients pre-season and follow up during the season
- Manage, develop, and foster relationships with retailers, coops, and independent crop consultants within the region
- Working closely and collaborate with the regional CS and FlightOps teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to present a strategy to key stakeholders within an organization
- Deliver webinars and training to clients about the Taranis Platform
- Developing a yearly, quarterly, and weekly workable sales plan for the region
- Handling problems and issues that may arise efficiently and quickly
- Identify business opportunities with both new and existing customers; exceed sales targets through a consultative sales process